Join The Team
Are you hoping to work in the charity sector? Do you want to gain valuable experience in the international development sector? Are you looking to learn new skills and make a real difference to Street Child?
Our work is expanding and we need dynamic people to help us. At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach. Our internships provide valuable experience for someone looking to move into a career in development and/or fundraising. We offer placements in a wide range of departments including trusts and foundations, fundraising, events and donor relations.
Check out our current internship opportunities below.
We are looking for someone to commit to a 3 month internship for 3-5 days a week in our London Office. Your key tasks will include:
- Researching new funding prospects, including trusts, foundations and corporates;
- Writing fundraising proposals with the support of the Trusts and Foundations Team;
- Managing mass mail-outs to prospective funders;
- Logging communications with trusts and foundations;
- Managing and updating the internal database;
- Monitoring donations and thanking donors.
For a full job description and to apply, please click here. The position will be filled as suitable candidates are found.
We are seeking a skilled, creative individual to join the communications team on an intern basis. You’ll be passionate about using your skills to grow Street Child’s online presence in order to help more children out of poverty. You’ll be an innovative, energetic team player who is great at generating compelling content.
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the successful applicant will:
- Develop and create bespoke content for social media campaigns;
- Monitor social media more widely, looking out for trends and increasing the online presence of the charity
- Support the PR function with press releases and assist in liaising with the media to ensure maximum publicity and positive coverage
- Spot digital trends and contribute to website content
- Assist in story gathering
- Provide a supportive role across all communications output.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent social media skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- A proactive and professional approach;
- A creative and innovative mind;
- A passion for international development
Prior experience of managing social media content or working with online media outlets preferred but not essential for an otherwise excellent candidate with strong inter-personal skills looking to develop in this area.
For a full job description and to apply, please click here. Application deadline is 31st October.