The Edinburgh Marathon Festival
General entry to the marathon may be closed but you can still soak up the incredible atmosphere of this fast, flat marathon and run with Street Child.
Fast & flat, this course was voted the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World, ideal if it’s your first marathon or you are looking for a PB. The Edinburgh Marathon has sold out every year since 2008 and is the second largest marathon in the UK, behind only London. The 10k and 5k races are great for anyone wanting to channel their inner runner and soak up the incredible atmosphere without that extra mileage!
What: The second largest marathon in the UK, with a half marathon, 10k and 5k races as well! | When: 28th May 2017 | Where: Edinburgh, Scotland | How Much: £200 (full marathon); £95 (half marathon) | Fundraising Target: £500 (marathon); £350 (half marathon); £250 (10k &5k) | Charity Places available : 5 places for each distance!
How You Can Make an Impact:
£500 - is enough to provide basic training for volunteer teachers in Northern Nigeria, where the humanitarian crisis has seen 19,000 teachers displaced.
£350 - can equip and refurbish a whole classroom, giving children in rural Sierra Leone a better quality education.
£250 – is enough to provide business support, training and a grant through our family business scheme and back-to-school supplies to enable a family to send their child back to school.
Why run in Edinburgh for Street Child:
We’ll be behind you every step of the way! When you fundraise with us you’ll get:
- An exclusive Street Child running vest or t-shirt
- Tailored training plans to help you go the distance
- Our fundraising pack filled with ideas and activities
- Regular newsletters with training tips and interesting stories
- One-on-one support and mentoring from a member of our team
- And… exclusive discount at Runner’s Need, Cotswold Outdoors and Cycle Surgery for every Street Child fundraiser.